Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is probably the tool that has gotten me most excited this week. It’s still in beta, but it promises to be an exceptional piece of software and will come in handy for a million things I can already think of.
To quote Google themselves:
Data Studio lets you create dynamic, visually compelling reports and dashboards. With Data Studio, you can:
- Easily connect to a variety of data sources.
- Visualize your data through attractive, dynamic, and interactive reports and dashboards.
- Share and collaborate with others, just as you can in Google Drive.
Here’s a video to get started with Google Data Studio:
Here’s how to connect it to your data. Learn how to create a data source and add it to a report. See how to add a chart that uses a different data source in the same report.
Here’s how to share reports, make other people editors, and use Google Drive to organize and share your reports:
Here’s how to use date range controls in Data Studio.Date range controls give you a way to refine the time frame in a Data Studio report. Learn how to use and create them to make your reports and dashboards interactive:
Here’s how to use filter controls. Filter controls give Data Studio editors a way to make their reports interactive. Report viewers can use these controls to refine the data displayed in the report:
Here’s how to use calculated fields. You can create new calculated dimensions and metrics, which you can then use in your charts and controls:
- Here are step-by-step instructions showing you how to create your very first report.
- Here’s how to add charts to your report.
- And finally, here’s how to view and share your report, which was touched on earlier in one of the videos.
- Here’s how to incorporate Facebook Ads with Google Data Studio.
- Adwords and Data Studio team up to make your life easier.
- Here’s a FREE Google Data Studio template for Content Marketers.
As you can see, it’s a really great tool for visualization and sharing data analysis in an easy-to-read format, and with Data Studio, it’s easy to create from your Google Analytics. I’ll be using this a lot for sure, and hopefully, it will become even more powerful over time once it leaves beta.